Frequently Asked Questions
- A current referral from your General Practitioner/Family doctor or Specialist.
- All pertinent reports and test results from your primary care or referring physician.
- A copy of any MRI or CT scans related to your condition or concern.
- A list of all medications that you are currently taking.
- A list of any known drug allergies and the symptoms you may have from taking these medicines.
Your medical file is handled with the utmost respect for your privacy.
Our staff are bound by strict confidentiality requirements as a condition of employment regarding your medical records. Ordinarily we will not release the contents of your medical file without your consent.
Before seeing any medical specialist, it is always preferable to talk to your own family doctor, who can discuss your condition with you and advise on whether any specialist care is appropriate. If it is, he or she can help you to choose the specialist best suited to your needs.
Your family doctor can help the specialist to care for you better by providing relevant information about your health. Communicating with the specialist will also enable your family doctor to care for you better during and after your specialist treatment.